Friday, April 16, 2010

Producer’s Job


This is my hi-tech Production Tasks Board. At least that’s what I call it.

Being a two man team, both my brother and I have to wear a plethora of hats. “Jefe, would you say I have a plethora?” – (The Three Amigos)

Anyway, one of the hats is obviously producer. And that job entails making sure your writer, animator, puppet-maker, marketer, etc. (All of which are me also) are doing their jobs. I use this means of keeping the tasks in front of me. I look at the Tasks Board when I’m trying to figure out what to work on next. There is some method to my madness. If you look to the right of the picture you see a color code for the types of tasks included. Also, they are arranged by the ones that need to be taken care of first. The scattered look is there so I don’t glaze over when I see it. By making it more jumbled my eye is led over it more freely so, hopefully, I’ll notice something I didn’t notice before.

From there I have a simple black notebook with divider tabs to better organize the specifics of the project.

I know this isn’t exactly the most exciting thing about making a film, but it is very important. I’m posting it for a few reasons. To show that the simplest methods can be as effective as a true high-tech solution that costs lots of money; To give insight into our way of working; And to make a record for the future.

If you have any suggestions or comments I’d like to hear them.
Thanks
Al W.

No comments:

Post a Comment